Wednesday, June 8, 2011

So Fast


It sneaks up on you. One day your little girl clambers up for story time before bed and you realize that she just doesn't quite fit in your lap the way she used to. She sort of overflows the confines of the rocking chair and spills across your torso, legs dangling, everything suddenly awkward and cramped. You have to look around her head to see the words on the page. She has to keep shifting to find a comfortable spot. On the one hand you're happy; your child is healthy and growing, becoming a little person. But it still doesn't change the fact that it sort of stings when it happens.

7 comments:

Paracelsus said...

It does sting a bit, indeed... An acute reminder of the swift passage of time. My daughter is the best thing I've ever done, and I'm saying this without reservation.

All the best to you and your little angel.

Anonymous said...

Right on Buckeye, Throwin "Double X's" was one of the few thangs I've done right in life...wait...
Never e-mailed a photo of my Junk either...
See, when I was young, you had to take a photograph, get it developed, and put it in an envelope, buy a stamp, etc etc...
and when you figure out how much time you save with no Baseball/Basketball/Football/Boyscouts, its even better...
I mean I volunteered to do the physicals for my daughter's volleyball team and they declined...
Of course when a 19 yr old black dude shows up to take her to the Prom, havin an XY doesnt look so bad...

Frank

Anonymous said...

She is such a pretty little girl - amazing eyes.

-SCRN

Attorney Andy said...

Cute kid. She's already almost as tall as you.

ER's Mom said...

Time flies fast. Cherish it...because now I can look my daughter in the eye. She's 11.

I have no idea where it went.

Gary M. Levin said...

Just wait until she goes to kindergarten that first day, graduates from elementary school, middle school, high school, brings home a boy friend, off to college, gets married...save your happiness tears..don't use them all up...XXs are just great.

Jeremy said...

Aw she is so cute! And yes as our kids grow older it definitely "stings"...but it's inevitable...